Sunday, February 5, 2012

Less tea, less posting, more money.

So, all of my bitching about being totally broke and having no money paid off!  I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with working for a few temp agencies and one of them finally calling me to work.  Nope, it was totally all my bitching.

Anyway, working all day and not having as much access to the internets while at work meant not as much updating during the day.  This coupled with the fact that I went from being a nocturnal creature to having to wake up at 5:00 am just to get to work on time meant I was pretty much dead for the past couple of weeks.

In short:  I actually have a good excuse for not updating.  Hopefully now that I've got a normal sleep schedule I'll be able to use my free time to write more instead of just catch up on sleep.

Anyway, here's a quick list of tea-related things that have happened since I last updated:

I got an amazing gift of spicy, spicy tea from Krista.  'Tis awesome.
New job is faaar away from the tea house. :(
New job's lunch room does have a kettle and even a few loose teas and a tea ball.  I tried the earl grey and wasn't super impressed, but the fact that it's there at all is a good sign!
There's a bus strike.  I managed to forget my dance cane at the tea house the day before the strike.  It's in the lost and found, but I haven't been able to actually go there to pick it up. :(\

Also, I drank lots of tea. Lots and lots of tea.  Mostly hot rod just to get started, but sometimes I went with my wonderful coco-cocoa.

Unrelated to tea:  I'm thinking of starting a "Dancey and fitness related shit I do" blog, since I do enough that I could blog about it, I guess.  It'll probably only have a teensy bit to do with tea, since the dance studio I'm at all the time does serve tea from World Tea House.

Finally, I'm going to be moving in a couple of months.  To the other side of the harbour!  This is both exciting and scary.  I'll be moving into my first place, mom is probably moving into her second-last place, and I'm going to have to be all grown-up now.
More importantly though:  I'm going to be closer to the tea house.  I'm going to be within walking distance of the tea house.  THERE WILL BE SO MUCH TEA.

This is really exciting! Hopefully I'll be able to write about all of it now. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment