Sunday, January 15, 2012

Coco-Not So Much, and the Earned Cupcake

A few things to chat about today: a blend of teas I tried, teas I've had to drink while dancing, and what I'm going to write about.

First, a new blend I tried.  Krista was working one day when she thought of trying some coconut black tea with the coconut cocoa pu-ehr, to try and get more of a coconut taste into it.  Now, if you've read this blog much, you know I looooove my coco-choco, but I agree that it doesn't have the strongest coconut taste.
Except adding the coconut black didn't really make the taste any stronger either, it just kinda made it taste a bit more like black tea.  It was still a nice cup of tea, but not really coconutty.  Oh well.  Maybe next time, Krista.  By the way, usually when she thinks up something, it turns out to be really good.  If you happen to be in the area and pop into World Tea House, don't go ignoring the sage advice of the people who work there just because this one cup didn't work out as well as we'd hoped!  They know their shit.

Speaking of knowing your shit, tomorrow World Tea House is offering a TEA101 class tomorrow. (Jan 16th) It's $10 for 5 teas and a tea talk by owner, Phil Holmans.  Personally, I'm skipping because I know tea basics and I'm so broke, but if you happen to be around and wanted to learn more about teas, you should totally go!

And since I've already talked about my second home, World Tea House, today, now it's time to talk about my third home, Serpentine Studios.  I've started just bringing my travel mug with me so that I can fill it up with tea while I'm at the studio.  They serve tea from World Tea House there, so I know I'm always going to like what they have there.  More importantly though, can I just talk about how awesome it is right after you've had a good dance class to just sit down and have a few sips of tea before heading back out into the world?  Tea is pretty much always a great way to press pause for a minute, but it's an especially welcome pause after a workout.  Even if it has caffeine in it, a tea break is always at least a little bit relaxing for me.


And on the topic of good classes, I had some tough ones yesterday!  I'm pretty awful at them right now, but I enjoy all of them and I'm going to stick with them until I get better!  I was sooooo tired after my classes yesterday though that I decided to treat myself to a cupcake.  I'm really broke so I shouldn't be getting anything more than just tea when I go out (and I really shouldn't be going out either), but fuck it.  I earned that cupcake this week.

Finally,  what I'm actually going to write about.  I'm still trying to figure that out.  Obviously, I'm going to talk about tea, but that covers a surprising amount of info.  If it didn't, I wouldn't still be writing about tea after a year.

Oh hey, I've been doing this for a year!  Go me!


Anyway, I've noticed that if I keep track of all the tea I've had to drink, it provides me with more opportunities to write something halfway-halfway (or just one quarter) insightful about tea, but it usually just turns into a journal of tea I've had.  If I only update when something new happens though, I don't update as much.  Tricky.


I'm going to try and do a bit of both.  It won't be a daily update, but it will be regular, and there will be a log of tea I've had as well as anything interesting that might have happened that week.


Let's see how long this lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment