Friday, November 11, 2011

Some helpful advice, and some whining. Mostly whining.

I'm sick.

GAAAAAAAH, I'M SIIIIIIIIIIICK! Someone come tuck me into bed and bring me soup and fuss over me until I feel better. WHINEWHINEWHINEWHINE!

I suppose I should be grateful really.  This is the first time in over a year or so that I've been this sick.  Sick enough for the cold to last for more than one day anyway.  Yay immune system!  Now if only you could hurry up and get rid of this current cold a little faster...

The place I work is open today, which is Remembrance Day.  Nothing else is open, because it's Remembrance Day.  It is absolutely miserable outside, and some of the streets are flooding.  There's renovation for a cafe going on in the same room as me, and it is really, really loud.  I don't get a lunch break today because no one else who can watch the desk is in the office, because it's Remembrance Day (which is also the case for every holiday, because I work every holiday.)  And I'm siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

None of this is actually anyone's fault, of course, it's just a really crappy combination.  One that makes me wish I was home, still under my covers.

To comfort myself I brought my tin of coconut-cocoa pu-ehr.  Oh yes, I bought a tin along with that awesome purple tea-cozy that I mentioned in the last post.  I'm sure I'll have a pic of it some time.

Oh yes, helpful advice.  As much as I usually recommend ginger tea when you're sick, I should also mention that if you have a sore throat, ginger is a bad idea unless there is also some licorice root blended in there somewhere, or unless you like having a burning sensation in the back of your throat.

Then again, maybe the burning means it's good for you.  I dunno, I'm not a doctor.  I'm just going to avoid it next time I'm sick.  Unless there's licorice.  Licorice fixes everything that ginger doesn't, including ginger itself.

Except a case of whining.  I don't think even licorice can fix someone who whines all the time. *sniffle*

No comments:

Post a Comment