Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunny with a chance of productivity.

...K, so there are a few things I really, really need to get done.  There are other side things (like my budget spreadsheet) which would be really nice to get done, but don't really have a deadline.

And I don't want to do any of it, because I have the attention span of a - Squirrel!

....Uh, so yeah, I don't always get as much work done as I should.

But I'm pretty sure that I have filled out yet another adventure card at World Tea House, and so I will go, use it, get a pot of a premium tea that can re-steep a billion times and get. down. to. work.

As much as I love writing, I hate writing when I have to, you know?

Anyway, the problem with this plan is that as soon as I start actually getting any work done I'm going to run into someone I know and start chatting instead of working.  Because that's what always happens at the tea house.

You might even wonder why I'm still trying to get any work done when I know that there is a fairly large chance that I won't get anything done while I'm there.  The answer is because there is still a chance that I can get something done.  There is a chance that I may be able to concentrate if I just get enough tea in me first.  There is a chance that I might even be able to talk about what I'm writing with whoever else pops in.  There is a chance that no one else I know will show up at all.

And there is absolutely no chance that I will get anything done if I go home.  I will turn off all the lights and dance around in my living room, shimmying until I am tired, then I will waste time online, then I will go to bed at a time that makes me feel like an old lady, especially since I don't work tomorrow.

Trying to get any work done at home just never works.

So.  The tea house it is then.  Tea and work, and a chance of actually getting anything productive done.

Oh, right, and I should probably give a quick list of the tea I've had to drink:

Morning, Hot Rod
Lunch - Earl Grey
Afternoon - Re-Steep of Hot Rod.

When I go back I will probably get a pot of Silver Needle, rather than trying out the new Super Green.  I'm not in the mood experiment, I'm in the mood to work.  Or at least, I'm in the mood to want to work.  Or rather, I'm int he mood to want to want to work.  Yeah, that sounds about right.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment