Monday, October 24, 2011

New Tea Smash?

Hey world.  I'm at World Tea House, and though I managed to finish little bits of what I needed to do, I didn't actually finish everything.

Oh well.  Maybe if I stay up late enough tonight I can get it all done.  I just can't let myself start shimmying.

Anyway, I decided to try out another new tea to the tea house, Super Green.  It's sencha with matcha.  When it brews up, it is bright how-is-this-even-natural-hulk-smash green.  It tastes like a high quality green tea.  I think it smells a bit like fried chicken.  But that could just be me.  I seem to be the only one that thinks this.

I think the taste is  a bit too much for me by the end of the second cup, but if you were a fan of the taste in the first place, you'd probably love it right till the end of the pot.

When it comes to the re-steep though, it kind of looses a lot of it's super-powers.  It seems to have calmed down into a regular-ol Bruce Banner.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing in my case, since it's a bit less intense of a flavour, but I don't think I will be buying another pot of it unless I happen to have a specific craving for it, since it is one of the premium teas, and thus a bit more expensive than the regular ones.

In short:  Not bad, but not my favourite, personally.  If you like a very, very green tea, this would be perfect for you.

Next time I'm here to work, I'll just get a pot of silver needle.  I always love silver needle.

'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment