Saturday, August 6, 2011

Like a warm blanket

I realized this morning that I had forgotten my travel mug at work.

So I just grabbed another travel mug.

When I opened it up to make sure it was clean, I was hit with the smell of Masala Chai, and I thought "Hey, it's been a while, Chai.  I'll choose you today."

I forgot how comforting Chai is in the morning for me.  It's like a warm fuzzy blanket.  Only, you know, liquid form, and a lot less comfortable to actually cuddle (although my mugs do often double up as hot water bottles when I am stiff or cramping.).

There was just one problem.  The basket wouldn't stay up out of the water.  (DUN DUN DUUUUUN)

This isn't hugely surprising, I think this was the first mug I got out of my small collection, and it didn't really stay up all that well when I first got it.  Add a few drops on to cement and I'm kind of surprised this thing even closes properly.  The real problem was mostly that I didn't notice this until I was on my way out of the apartment and didn't have time to transfer to another mug.

But then, out of the corner of my eye, I see this bright pink paperclip, and then...



Now I can enjoy my comforting tea.  I just need to make sure I don't poke myself in the face with a paperclip while I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment