Thursday, June 16, 2011

On Lazy Perfectionism and Why I Should Just Take Notes.

Alright, if you've been following this for even a little while, (and there must be some of you that do, because I'm pretty sure I didn't give myself this many page views.  Even I don't like my own writing quiiiite that much) you'll know that my writing cycle is usually something like this:

Get excited about keeping track of teas.  Keep track of tea drinking for a few days
Get lazy/forget what I've had one day.
Keep avoiding any posts for a few days
Eventually post later with something along the lines of "I can't remember which days I drank these teas on, but here's what I had" and try my best to remember everything.

Rinse, repeat.

The truth is, I haven't forgotten to update for all of those days.  In fact, after the first day I start feeling guilty, even though there's really no reason to.  After the first day where I can't quite remember the details, I end up avoiding the entire thing.  This is actually how I run most of my life.  If I can do it perfectly, I will.  I don't do things half-assed.  Unless I don't think I can do it perfectly.  If I can't do it perfectly, I will avoid the entire thing.

Like I said, I don't do things half-assed.  I do them 100%-assed, or not-assed at all.  At least, I don't do it until the point where I HAVE to, and then I feel bad because I'm not doing a perfect job.

So with that explanation in mind, I give you my not-perfect-and-driving-me-crazy account of teas I've had over the past few days:

-At some point I had a pot of ginger root with peach rooibos at World Tea.  I said something to the effect of "I want something with Ginger" and the lady working said "Ginger Peach!"  I tried it.  It was very good. (It was some ginger root with the peach rooibos, btw.)
-At some point I tried a pot of China Sencha.  Mostly because the night before the very thought of Chinese Sencha was breaking the mind of a friend, so I just had to try it.  I like it a lot!  It's smoother than the regular Sencha there.  I think that might become a favorite of mine.
-I'm sure I had a bunch of Hot Rod.  I really like the taste and it wakes me up.  In fact, I couldn't get the smell of it out of my travel mug this morning.  Maybe I need a dedicated Hot Rod cup?  I've got three now, I could probably make that work.
-At some point I had a large cup of iced peach apple cider.  I only remembered this because I took a picture of it.


There is my cup, the sign in the back which reads "Peach Apple Tea Cider - Try it ICED" in lovely writing, and I'm pretty sure that's the awesome UberWench sitting on the couch in the back.

-I had a cup of ginger black with extra ginger.  I remember it was before I went to go see Super 8.  I remember this because I forgot about the tea entirely and it went cold in my bag.  I decided to try and drink it anyway.  It was actually pretty good after it had gone almost completely cold, but I'm also quite used to drinking tea long after it's lost its heat, simply because I've forgotten about it.  Go team ADD!
-The same night I had another cup of Hot Rod before leaving the shop when it closed, and then I had a few cups of DavidsTea's Buttered Rum with Disaronno again with a friend who I will call "JMJ."  My friend BAD will understand why I call him this, no one else will.  We ended up staying up until about 7:00 am.

Tea + Booze = Best. Thing. Ever.

I basically slept all through yesterday except once when I got up to take a nice, long, hot bubble bath.  I sipped a cup of chamomile while I was at it and skipped my French class because I didn't really feel like moving at all, let alone thinking.  I rested, read, and eventually went to bed pretty early.  Crazy early, compared to the night before.

Today I started off my day at the tea house.  I just went early.  I was wide awake pretty early and had nothing else to do, so I went over to drink some tea and write.  Except it's also Captain Picard Day, so I was all set to have a pot of tea, earl grey, hot.  But alas! They were all out of Earl Grey because of the not-yet actual postal strike that still means crap doesn't get delivered!
I made up for it by having a pot of Earl Grey Creme instead.  I don't usually add any milk or sugar to my tea, but I like this one more with a splash of milk and a bit of sugar.  It's really nice. :3





Earl Grey Creme without any milk or sugar and a lemon roll.  I actually forgot to eat breakfast this morning (who the hell does that?) so this was it.  Breakfast of champions....at noon...

er...Brunch of Champions!


For my break (which was all of two hours after later) I came back for a pot of iced Hot Rod and got a cup of Black Vanilla on my way out.  I attempted to write a bit, but I didn't really get much on paper.  Maybe I'll go get a bit more done now...

Anyway, that's my catchup post.  I should really just have a separate tea notebook that I carry with me.  I carry enough other crap with me on a regular basis, an extra tiny notebook can't hurt, right?

No more half-assed tea posts!  From now on, full 100% Ass!




No comments:

Post a Comment