Thursday, June 30, 2011

Awesomeness is awesome

So, like I predicted, yesterday was basically the best day ever.

Me and mom met, we had fries, we managed to avoid spilling ketchup over everything, we went for tea, met some of my friends, got the kettle I wanted and a cupcake, went for dinner with a family friend, (who gave me a really pretty purple scarf with dangly pretty bits) I finished my French Level I class, had a bit of wine that someone brought by when the class was over, went home, and leveled my characters in Disgaea until about 2:00 a.m.

It was the best. day. ever.

Today isn't looking so bad either.  I started work in the afternoon today, so I decided to head over early for some tea.  I had a pot of Assam.  While I was there, I met up with BAD, and then more friends-that-I-don't-have-cute-nicknames-for-yet also showed up.  One of them brought a mug that I apparently left at his place the other day.  I hadn't actually noticed, since I now have three.  And I already had a mug full of hot rod.

Who was double fisting tea mugs on the way to work? Me, that's who.

Exceeeeeeept when I got to work my poor co-worker was sick.  So I offered her the tea from the mug I hadn't drank from yet.  Why not?  It was a re-steep, so it was like a free cup, right?  I already had one, and I'm always happy to share tea with friends.

So, on my way up to World Tea House for my break, I thought "Well, I've already seen three people, I wonder if I'll see anyone else that I usually see?  There's one person that might be working there right now..."

And he was.  Because we all spend way too much time at the tea house, apparently.  I don't know what he was drinking. I had a pot of ginger.  I shouldn't have, because it got a bit warmer when the sun came out and hot ginger tea didn't really help me cool down at all, but it tasted good.

I figured that it would just be the two of us (not including tea house employees, of course).  Except eventually everyone else showed up too.  42 (you know, the tea pirate) was working.  The gang was assembled.  At least, it was until I had to leave to go back to work.

On my way out I picked up a cuppa ginger licorice for my co-worker.  Ginger always makes me feel better and licorice is good for sore throats, so hopefully she'll feel a bit better after drinking that.  She sounded like she could out gravely-voice Tom Waits.  Oh, I should have gotten her to sing some.  Except singing probably wouldn't be good for her throat at all, so I suppose it's a good thing I didn't.

Anyway, I'm here with my re-steep of the hot rod.  I can usually get a couple steeps out of it, but this is basically water.  Oh well, flavored water is still kinda nice.  I suppose I could finish the tea from the mug I gave my co-worker since she poured the tea out into her own mug rather than drinking directly from mine, but I'm feeling a bit germaphobic after nearly getting sick the other day.  Time to break out the hand-sanitizer.

Which reminds me, I really was sick a few days ago, but it wasn't really that bad at all, and it was gone before my birthday.  Hurray!

Soyeah.  Yesterday was awesome.  Today is pretty good too. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment