Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tea Time x 2

Soooo, yesterday was a fun day, despite the chill and gloom.

Started the morning off with my chai (Tali's Masala Chai, World Tea House) on the way to work again.

Wandered up to World Tea House for lunch (you know, I think I might just start saying “the usual place”) and was lucky enough to run into a friend of mine.  Ended up staying later than I should have, but I don’t really feel too, too bad.  I ran back and the person that was at the front desk while I was away didn’t seem to be really bothered by it, so I guess I got off the hook this time.

Not that I’m planning on making this a habit, just that it’s nice to have gotten away with it just this one time.

I stayed a little later than I should have because my friend is usually pretty busy, and I never know when I’m going to get to see her again.  It could be next week, it could be next month.  Who knows?

Anyway, while I was there I had a cuppa Lapsang Souchong.  Smokey!
The same sort of smokey taste as the Russian Caravan that I posted about last time, but a little lighter (though, no less smokey).  Super tasty, but I think I like the Russian Caravan a little bit more.

And on my way out I re-steeped my chai.

Now, forgetting that I had already made plans to meet for tea after work with a friend of mine (different friend from earlier), I happily sipped my tea, only to return a few hours later to happily sip more tea.
I mean, if you're not sipping it happily, then what's the point?

My friend got a pot of the Citrus Green tea, while I got a pot of Tropical Pineapple.  Once we finished one cup each, we traded and tried the other's pot.  So really, I got to try three teas in one day. Hurray!

Our pots o' tea.

I was afraid that the pineapple wouldn't be very noticeable in my tea but luckily I was wrong.  It was quite pineapple-y and very sweet.  The Citrus green wasn't as sweet, but had more noticeable citrusy flavors that kinda jumped out at me.  They were both very nice. :3
No tea wandering today, since I don't get a lunch break, but I did have my usual Chai this morning.  Haven't gotten a chance to re-steep it yet.

I don't like working Saturdays.  Hopefully I'll actually get a break tomorrow... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment