Sunday, March 13, 2011

No rest for the wicked...

Oh, yesterday I was just about ready to kill someone.  Still not entirely sure why, though.

Started off the morning with my usual chai (Tali's Masala Chai, World Tea House) in my usual way of forgetting about it until the last minute and running out the door with it in my mug.

Throughout the day there were lots of little annoying things:  I was trying to write a letter, it was very busy at work, and there were constant chirping and squawking noises going off for most of the day.  I didn't actually get a lunch break, and I was feeling kind of icky anyway.  I rushed out the door yesterday morning and didn't have enough time for my makeup.  No one thing was really that bad.  Actually, even all together they weren't that bad, I was just feeling absolutely, unreasonably bitchy.  Moreso than usual.

So at the end of the day my friend asks if I want to meet at my usual place and I accept.  I figure it's probably a good idea for me to de-stress a little bit before heading home and attempting any sort of interaction with my mother.  Normally, mom is a level-headed, totally reasonable person, but if you try and act bitchy towards her, she will out-crank you.  By lots.  Sometimes you don't even realize just how badly she has beaten you until way later.

I was kind of hoping to avoid that.

So up I went to chat with my friend.  When I show up, she's got her laptop set up and it turns out she was reading this blog. :D

She was chilling out attempting to get work done over a pot of Tropical Pineapple, while I decided to try the coconut chai latte.  I was pissed off.  It was a latte kinda day.

It was also a sugar mound cupcake kinda day.  Phil was nice enough to remind me to take a picture this time. XD


And for a better sense of scale:

It's not huge, because I can fit it in my hand, but it IS still about half icing.  I love it.

So, about the latte:

Yummy!  It was kind of odd though, it was definitely chai, and definitely coconut, but it was a blend of both flavors that made it so that it wasn't really either.  But still both.
If that makes no sense to you, then that's probably fine.  It just means that I can't write proper English, and you can't read proper WTF yet.  If there is such a thing as "proper" WTF, that is.
At any rate, it was sweet and spicy, while still smooth and frothy, which is exactly what I was hoping for.
This one was one of the flavors of Zhena's Gypsy Teas sold at World Tea House, Coconut Chai.

So there I was, sipping my latte and probably causing a huge spike to my blood sugar, trying to relax a little more and failing when I look behind me and see...






And suddenly I kind of felt like the rest of my night would be alright.  And it was.

I wasn't even all that mad when I realized I had left going out into the freezing cold without getting more hot water to re-steep my tea. :3


No comments:

Post a Comment