Saturday, March 5, 2011

Aw, motherfucking fuck. >:(

K, so I'm a dumbass.  But a bit more on that later.  First off, yesterday was awesome.  Went to a potluck for the cast of the Vagina Monologues. Yay vaginas!

For my contribution I brought some apple crumble, which was mostly me just throwing stuff together and throwing it over some apples (but not anything that contained milk, because I knew that at least one vegan was going to be there) and for a drink, I brewed up some extra strength white coconut creme to add to some cold water once I actually got there for some nice iced tea.  The ice tea worked out really well!  Super yummy.  I can see me making a pitcher or two of this in the summer.

Oh, and on my way there I had some Earl Grey (Earl Grey Creme, World Tea House) in my mug that I still haven't lost yet.  I knew it would stay warm until I got there.  I mostly brought it because I knew it would be good to drink while eating my apple crumble.  I wasn't counting on a delicious chocolate cheese cake too...Oh, I hope we have something like that again sometime.  The food was super delicious.

While we were there, we tried some tea that our gracious hostess shared with us from Davids Tea, but I can't remember what it was at all.  It wasn't bad, but I think it's the sort of thing that I would save for when I was sick or something. It was kind of eucalyptus-y.  I'm sure most people think of it as being a nice smell, but I always associate the smell with being ill.


But now for me being a dumbass:  I knocked over my teapot and it exploded all over the floor.  Luckily it was empty, not so luckily it's totally broked.

>:(

I have to stop breaking and loosing shit!  I don't have enough money to keep replacing this stuff.  I mean, the prices for these things aren't unreasonable, but they're a bit much if I'm going to keep replacing them every few months (or in the case of my mug, weeks) because of my dumbassery.

:'(

You were a good pot.  You steeped my tea, you kept my tea from getting super bitter, and most importantly, you didn't dribble.  You died too young, pot. *sniffle*

I don't think I'll replace this one right away.  I loved it to bits (uh...literally) but I think I might see if I can find a bigger pot for guests, and just use either my mug or my BREWT when making tea just for myself.  Or I'll steal my mom's diffuser, if she doesn't bring it to work.  I'll survive on my own, but I'll have to figure something out for guests...Not that any of my friends ever come over for tea.

:(

I am quickly working myself into a depressed state...

But, argh! Since December, this makes one broken tea cup out of a set, two lost travel mugs, and one broken pot.  Maybe I should just drink everything out of plastic kids sippy cups from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment