Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bad events are swarming me today.

K.  I manage to get up on time.  Early.  In fact, I really wish mom would stop checking to see if I'm awake and waking me up early. I've told her not to wake me up early, but she always checks on me anyway.

I manage to just barely get out in time, which is normal, really.  It's as soon as I walk out the door that everything goes wrong.  Wait, that's not right.  Everything isn't wrong--I got here in one piece and it's pretty calm now-- just a bunch of little things.  First off, I realized five minutes before I had to leave that I had forgotten to eat breakfast.  Who forgets to eat breakfast? It's so strange for me because normally the first thing I do when I wake up is eat.  Actually, that's not right either.  The very first thing I do is roll over, then when I wake up again the first thing I do is use the bathroom.  But after THAT, I eat.  Usually a bowl of cheerios.
I did everything else I wanted to do this morning: Check messages, take a shower, get dressed, skip the makeup, make tea.  I just somehow forgot to eat.
So I quickly toast an english muffin, cover it in cream cheese, wrap it up in tin foil and put it in my bag, hoping that I'll get a moment to eat once I get to work. So far, I have managed to eat one half of it.

Oh, and then the sun was back.  Jerk.  He was taunting me yet again "Hey, you know my friend the wind? Yeah, he's really cold and blowing snow from last night EVERYWHERE! You know what I'm going to do?  Shine really, really bright so that you're blinded by all of the snow.  Which is also blowing around and making it impossible to see anyway.  Also, watch out for all the ice.  I'm the motherfucking sun!"

Toasty motherfucker. >:(

My feet were freezing too.  Probably because my boots never actually dried from yesterday.  I'm airing my socks out now.  Feet still haven't warmed up yet.

Anyway, while shivering my ass off in the wind, and remembering once my ears felt like popsicles that I had forgotten a hat as well, I get on the bus and make it work.
And I fell on the ice on the way to work.  Hopefully I won't bruise too badly.
Oh, and that's when I found out that the basket in my travel mug wasn't really secured that well.  TEA EVERYWHERE KABOOM! My new vanilla black floating around in the water, free of it's little mesh prison.

Oh, I wish I could float in some nice hot water right now.  I'm going to have such a nice hot bath when I get home.

So yeah, by the time I get to work, I'm cold, I've got snow on me, I'm cranky, and I don't have tea that I can use again for the rest of the day.

And that's just. not. acceptable.  No tea, no Ms. Boom.

So I proceed to attempt to fish my tea out of my mug by straining it with a coffee filter in the work lunch room.  It mostly worked.  I shovel out as much tea as I can, put it back in the basket, and get some more hot water.  By this point I am already late to get to the front desk.  I figure that no one will be there right away on a fucking freezing day first thing in the morning.

I thought like an idiot. :(

Eventually everybody that needs to be served is served, I have my tea, and everything can be all right.

Except it's really cold.  And people keep using the automatic door button instead of just pushing it, which keeps the doors open way longer than they need to be.  It's fucking freezing in here.  And now I'm out of tea.  Oh yeah, and I forgot my allergy medication and I think I'm starting to get red splotches on me.

Oh yeah, and I don't get to take a lunch break today either.

So yeah, no one thing is the end of the world, it's just a bunch of little things that are making me very cranky. 

I need more tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment